REVIEW : Little Mix - Glory Days (Blogmas Day One)

by - 15:08

Hello You Lovely Lot!

So, I know I've been away for a while and I'm really sorry about that! Those of you who are really savvy and subscribe to me on YouTube too will also have been able to see (unless you don't care) that I haven't uploaded on there in a while either and it's not like I even have an excuse.

However, in an attempt to make it up to you, I am going to *try* and do Blogmas again! Last year I think I missed one day but all in all I did pretty well! So, I thought I would give it another go. I am a lot busier this year so some posts might be more like short updates or things like that but I love writing my blog so much that I figured I would challenge myself once again.

For my first post I thought I would do a review (there will also be one of the Busted album coming up soon so prepare yourselves), and what better way to start than with the new Little Mix album? This album has been out for maybe a week or two now and I just thought I would give my honest verdict so you all know how I feel about it!

Shout Out to My Ex

Now, obviously I heard this before the album came out and that's the case with a few of these songs. I heard it first on X-Factor when they first performed it and I was OBSESSED and I mean I played it like every single day. I play it a lot less now but I still love it. I don't have an ex to be angry about but this song makes me feel like I do. It makes me feel so empowered and just brilliant. The perfect breakup song in my opinion. I also played it to my 7 year old cousin Ella in the car and we sang and danced along (I wasn't driving by the way) and now she's obsessed with it too, so there you have it.

Favourite Lyric : 'Oh Baby, I'm cool....by the way'

Touch

So this is the first song on the album that I hadn't really listened to before it came out although i think it did come out before the rest of the album? I can't remember now but I think I was just so busy that I didn't find the time to sit down and listen to it. I haven't really listened to it that much since the album came out either to be honest but it could be one of those songs that just doesn't hit me at first and then all of a sudden it's all I listen to for a month. I just think it doesn't knock me off my feet? When I do listen to it however I like it! Maybe I should give it more credit.

Favourite Lyric : 'Just a touch of your lo-ove, Just a touch of your lo-ove'

F.U.

Another single that came out before the album and one that I did actually listen to. I had to listen to this one a few times before I started to like it and even now it's not one of my favouirte songs but I absoloutely LOVE the chorus. I think if the chorus was maybe different it would be one I didn't really listen to? Especially the last chorus, don't know what it is about it but it just grabs me! I don't really have anyone to relate this song to either but I still feel like it gets a weight off my chest when I sing the 'A B C D E E EEEE...F...U' bit, so that's nice

Favourite Lyric : 'I don't wanna be friends no'

Oops - ft Charlie Puth

When I first heard this I remember thinking that it was nothing like i'd ever heard from Little Mix. However, I haven't really listened to it since that time and now I'm listening to it again I really love it! I quite like what I've heard from Charlie Puth in the past and I feel like he;s juts a really nice addition to this song! It's probably one that I'll become obsessed with in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled for Decembers playlist!

Favourite Lyric : 'Oops baby, I love you'

You Gotta Not

I think this might have been the third song to come out after 'Shout Out to My Ex' and 'F.U.' or maybe I'm dreaming but I think after 'F.U.' I was kind of waiting for something to bring my hopes back up a bit for the album? I think this kind of did half the job for me. Apparently this song was written by Meghan Trainor which is so believable because it sounds just like something she would sing. I think this whole album is about feelimg empowered because this song does that job perfectly too! Not a favourite but I do like it quite a lot

Favourite Lyric : 'Is that what you call flirting?'

Down & Dirty

Now, I hate to do this but I really really don't like this song. I think it's just because it's not my kind of music at all and I can't listen to it. I'm not sure what else to say about it really. I think I'll just have to hope they don't play it live?

Favourite Lyric : 'Glad I didn't listen to my teachers, teachers teach you not to be a dreamer

Power

I absoloutely LOVE this song and think it's the shining star of the whole album. When I first heard it I was just so amazed by how brilliant Perrie sounds in this number. It's just unlike anything I think Little Mix have done before and it is definitely my favourite song from the album. I've been listeneing to to non-stop stop since the album came out. I love the fact it's got a rocky feel because rock music is what I grew up listening to and I feel like it's what I always go back to.

Favourite Lyric : 'Just cause you're packing packing *insert that 'whoop' noise* down South..' AND 'HOOOOOLD UP......my turn'

Your Love

I haven't really listened to this one much just because it didn't grab me when I first listened to it. I like the fact it's a bit more calm than the other songs in the album and it's nice to come down for a bit I guess. I feel like some of these songs are just missing something but I think that's because everything on this album is a bit more like chart music whereas 'Salute' was a bit more rock almost? Then 'Get Weird' was just incredible all over! I don't know what it is about this album, I really don't dislike this song, it's actually quite pleasant but it doesn't make me want to sing it again and again?

Favourite Lyric : ' If I aint got nothing, least I got you'

Nobody Like You

If you've read my blog posts before you might know that I'm a sucker for a slow song and a ballad and so when I found out that this was the only slow song on the album I was gutted. little Mix write such incredible slow songs (if you need some proof listen to 'Love Me or Leave Me' and 'These Four Walls') and this is no exception. I haven't listened to it too much which is funny because I feel like if I gave it the chance it would quickly become my favourite song. However, I have listened to it a few times and I know that the lyrics are beautiful and if I was in the right mood I would definitely cry at it.

Favourite Lyric : 'I've tried 'goodbye' a hundered times, not one of them true'


No More Sad Songs

This is another one of my favourites. When I saw the tracklist I thought that this might be the slow song and it would be ironic but it isn't. It is a somg that I love though and the fact it's after 'Nobody Like You' is quite clever when I think about it. It's kind of a song about picking yourself up and not letting yourself stay down in the dumps which is a reminder we all need ever now and again.

Favourite Lyric : 'For tonight I'm gonna get my mind off it'

Private Show

I wasn't a big fan of this to begin with but the other week it came on and I couldn't be bothered to hunt for my phone to change the song and I listened to the whole thing and now I love it! I think it's so funky and I love the trumpet (is it even a trumpet?) in the background! I will definitely be listening to this more.

Favourite Lyric : 'Can't wait to get in my zone, Houston we gotta go slow'

Nothing Else Matters

I've only started to really like this song recently, I listened to it when I was hanging out my washing (too much information?) yesterday and found myself really enjoying it! I think the lyrics to this are a bit funny though? The way I take it is forgetting about everything else and just concentrating on your relationship but I think it's meant to be like don't listen to what other people think as long as you're happy!

Favourite Lyric : 'We've come, we've come so far now baby'

Beep Beep

This is SUCH a funky song and definitely shows that Little Mix have grown up quite a lot. I haven't listened to this one too much even though it does really grab me. The few times I have listened to it all the way through I've loved it so I ought to add it to my playlist! Definitely one of the best songs on the album

Favourite Lyric : 'Cause I love, love, love making love to you'

Freak

This is another one I just don't like. Again I think it's just my taste in music and this is just my cup of tea. The girls sound amazing in it though and I can't even deny that. I don't mind the bit right before the chorus but it's just the rest of it that doesn't appeal to me and obviously I can't just listen to that bit of the song!

Favourite Lyric : 'You'll be sleeping in the bed alone'

Touch - Acoustic

Obviously this is just the same as 'Touch' but it's with a piano which i think turns it in to more of a ballad (which I LOVE as we know). I think I love this so much more than the normal version but I genuinely just think that's because I love a slow song. I think it's so beautiful.

(my favourite lyric is obviously the same as the other one)

SO, there you have it! My first post of Blogmas! Sorry it's so late but I've been in Uni all day then travelling home! I hope you're excited about the month to come and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Thanks For Reading!

Becky x

You May Also Like

0 comments