January 2017 Playlist

by - 02:29



Hello You Lovely Lot!

Another year, another playlist. I am so glad I started doing these because it's just so easy to then find songs I want to listen to! A lot of these songs were added quite late because I haven't listened to too much music this month?! I don't know why! Some of these songs are old songs too, there isn't many new ones or new discoveries.

Here's what I was listening to last year...

The Girl is Mine - The Girl is Mine (Single) - 99 Souls
Stevie Knows - Never Been Better - Olly Murs
Army - Delirium - Ellie Goulding
Lovestruck - Meet The Vamps - The Vamps
Same Old Love - Revival - Selena Gomez
Hands To Myself - Revival - Selena Gomez
Youth - If You Leave - Daughter
Focus - Focus (Single) - Ariana Grande
Stitches - Handwritten - Shawn Mendes
WILD - Blue Neighbourhood - Troye Sivan
Never Forget You - Never Forget You (Single) - MNEK & Zara Larsson
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Get Born - Jet
Grown - Get Weird - Little Mix
Drops of Jupiter - Drops of Jupiter (Single) - Train
Fix You - X&Y - Coldplay
Heroes - Heroes - David Bowie
Under Pressure - Hot Space - Queen & David Bowie
Stop and Stare - Dreaming Out Loud - One Republic
Last Nite - Is This It - The Strokes
The Sound - The Sound (Single) - The 1975
All Star - All Star Smash Hits - Smash Mouth

I can promise that this months playlist is nowhere near as long as that! Either way, here it is...

Details in the Fabric - We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. - Jason Mraz & James Morrison

I haven't listened to this song much this month but I found it right at the end of last month and so right at the start of the month I put it on the playlist. I found this song when I was in a really bad way and it got me through some tougher days. It's so simple and beautiful and makes me cry most of the  time. I haven't felt so sad that I've had to listen to it this month which i guess is a positive! However, I do love it and I'm glad I found it!

Favourite Lyric : 'If it's a broken part replace, if it's a broken arm then brace it, if it's a broken heart then face it'

Those Days Are Gone - Night Driver - Busted

I LOVE this song. When this album first came out I wasn't sure because obviously it's different to old Busted. Yet the more I listen to it the more I love it. When they first put up a link to this song I thought that it was going to be just like old Busted because it starts with just a piano and them. I got so excited and then half way through it turned in to something more electronic and to begin with I was a bit gutted because as we all know I love a sad song. The more I listened to it the more I fell in love. Putting these sad lyrics to a cheerful beat means I find myself dancing around to thought of letting people and memories go because those days are gone.

Favourite Lyric : 'It's a lonely place without you here. I wish that you would just reappear'

Castle on the Hill - Castle on the Hill (Single) - Ed Sheeran

I am a huge Ed Sheeran fan and so when he brought out not one but two singles I went wild. This is my favourite of the two because it's a bit more my style I guess? Ed Sheeran never fails to write good songs and this blew me away. I also love the video and I won't even lie, it made me cry the first time I watched it. Now the songs makes me cry if I'm in the right mood. It just makes me think about going home and seeing all my friends!

Favourite Lyric : 'Driving at 90 down those country roads, singing to 'Tiny Dancer''

Shape of You - Shape of You (Single) - Ed Sheeran 

This is the other single that he brought out and to begin with I wasn't sure about it. It's just not the music I would usually listen to but I gave it a go because it's Ed Sheeran. I slowly but surely came around and realised that it's a brilliant song. He announced a tour and I'm hoping to get tickets because I can just imagine how good this will be when it's played live!

Favourite Lyric : 'We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour and how you family is doing ok'

Dumb - Straight Outta Oz - Todrick Hall

I used to love this album and this was one of my favourites. When I was driving back to Liverpool I was looking for albums that I had downloaded because I didn't have any data and this was one of them. If you know nothing about this album then basically it's songs written about Todricks life and they all have a Wizard of Oz theme which I think is SO clever. I rediscovered my love for this song this month and the lyrics are really clever too. If you haven't heard any of these songs then there's a visual album on YouTube which is amazing!

Favourite Lyric : 'Tweedledum is what they call it if you ask Alice'

If I Had A Heart - Straight Outta Oz - Todrick Hall 

It's not hard to see how this one links with The Wizard of Oz. This is such a beautiful song that I actually wasn't sure if I liked when I first listened to it. I'm not quite sure if its like a heartbreak song, a sassy song or a love song? Either way it's gorgeous.

Favourite Lyric : 'This heart was paper thin, but it will never break again'

Are U Having Any Fun? - Happy Camper - Hoodie Allen & Meghan Tonjes

I go through stages with Hoodie Allen and I speak all about him in my January favourites but basically this is one of the times where I can't get enough of him. I used to not like this album and so that was the reason I went off him the last time but I was just listening to 'James Franco' (which is also great but I can only find it on YouTube, what's that all about?). Then YouTube does that thing that it does and takes you on to other videos and this is one of the videos I ended up on. I think this video is so clever, it's like a game? I think it's based on GTA but I'm not 100% sure. Either way it got me hooked on the song!

Favourite Lyric : 'Might become a chef the way these motherfuckers grilling me, meanwhile I got every Will Smith CD'

So Close to Happiness - Happy Camper - Hoodie Allen

This is a new discovery for me because after I discovered that I liked 'Are U Having Any Fun?' and that it was from this album I thought I would give some more songs a go. I have yet to listen to the whole album but this is one song I found that I loved. I don't know what it is about Hoodie Allen that I love so much but I think this song is one of my favourite songs by him even though I've only just found it.

Favourite Lyric : I guess I'm scared if I accomplish all my dreams then the only thing left to do would be to talk about me and I don't wanna do that

All About It - People Keep Talking - Hoodie Allen & Ed Sheeran

Now I loved Hoodie Allen way before this song and so when i saw it I went crazy because obviously, I love Ed Sheeran. Hoodie's song are just so catchy and even though it's not the music I would usually listen to and is so far from everything else I love, there's just something about it!

Favourite Lyric : 'I just wanna leak shit...what?...not literally leak shit, wanna push the music through the speakers'

Movie - People Keep Talking - Hoodie Allen

I feel like there's not too much more I can say about how much I love Hoodie Allen because this is the fourth song of his that's on this playlist. This is one song that i never used to listen to but for some reason last year I started to love it more and more and recently it's come back! With Hoodie I tend to listen to the songs I know when I fall back in love with him again and after last year this was definitely on the list!

Favourite Lyric : 'These other rappers are like how come they can't get to where I did? Vring Vring, here come Johnny homie I'm shining


So there you have it everyone! Another monthly playlist done and dusted!

Thanks For Reading!

Becky x


You May Also Like

0 comments