January 2017 Favourites

by - 10:36



Hello You Lovely Lot!

When I first started my blog one of my favourite things to write were my favourites! I loved talking about what I'd been loving and telling everyone the things I'd found and the memories I'd shared. For some reason I really lost my way with it and so this year I am going to try and write a favourites post every month, even if I feel like I don't have many new things to write about. So, lets start as we mean to go on with my favourite things for January!


Beauty 

This month I have rediscovered my love for Nars Sheer Glow. I got given this for my birthday and I had forgotten just how much I loved it. It has amazing coverage, a lovely dewey finish and is just perfect for me. The first time I used it I was given the wrong shade and it put me off it for around a year. However, I have now discovered that I am Mont Blanc and I am obsessed with it. I have been trying to not use this every day but when I use my drugstore foundation now there's just no comparison. A holy grail for makeup in my eyes.





Lifestyle

The past few weeks have brought with them an obsession with Fruit Infuser Bottles. Me and Jack bought one each from Home Bargains in the hope of being slightly more healthy. Ever since then we have filled the infuser with frozen fruit every day and drinking like 3 bottles full of water every day! it just makes the water have a little kick to it and makes me want to drink much more water! I've even been tracking my water intake on an app to check I've had enough, is that sad?




Music

I do a whole separate blog post every month on the music I've been listening to and it wont be long until that's out. However, this month I have re-discovered my love for Hoodie Allen. I go through stages with him and don't listen to him for ages and then all of a sudden I find him again and listen to his music all the time. The last time I went off him was because I didn't like the new album but I have learned to love it and so this month, he takes pride of place here.




Film

I'm really bad for films. I hate watching films that I haven't seen before (unless they're at the cinema) because I don't know if I'll like them but Jack usually persuades me to watch them. This month was the month that me and Jack watched Trainspotting for the first time. I then had to come home and me and Dad decided that we would go and watch T2 Trainspotting at the cinema. I cannot describe how good it was. I love Ewan McGregor so most things with him in will win me over! I felt like I'd also waited the 20 years that everyone else had waited even though I'd only seen the first one a few days prior...



TV

Me and Jack watch all sorts on TV and sometimes we just find ourselves watching the weirdest things. One evening Jack asked me if I wanted to watch Bob's Burgers and I agreed. Nicole had told me that she didn't like it so I just never bothered watching it. For whatever reason I just fell in love with it. It's a programme that's funny but not too tongue in cheek. Sometimes I find things like Family Guy a bit too risky and so I tend to stay away from them but this is all of the laughter in a nice way. We've even series recorded it because we love it so much.




Photo

I have two favourite photos from this month but they're both from the same day so that counts right? The first photo is this one..


This is a photo of (from left to right) Nat, Markie, Me and Maddy. These girls are three of my friends from English (Tony was meant to be there too but he had work so all of this applies to him too). I don't know what I would do without this lot. I was worried about making friends in English at Uni because I lived on the Drama campus so I knew nearly everyone that did Drama anyway. They are all scousers and honestly the loveliest, funniest and kindest people I know. All four of them restore my faith in humanity and I have nothing but good words to say about them. I know that when I'm having trouble they will back me up and also be there if I ever need an alcoholic drink. This was when we did Breakout on my birthday and we were so close to breaking out but it was the best part of my birthday! 

The second photo is this one...


This was also on my birthday but in the evening time. I bought these balloons myself specifically for this photo, don't judge me. I was worried about my birthday because my 19th birthday was one of the worst days of my life. I don't like being away from home at the best of times let alone on a birthday. However, I was surrounded by friends all day and I did so many cool things and it was lovely. I was so happy when this photo was taken and it was just such a spur of the moment, one shot photo. As much as I loved this day I will be trying my hardest to make it home for my 21st because I am a home bird through and through (I also know it will be on a Wednesday and we are always off Wednesday afternoons because it's meant to be saved for extra curricular activities...or train rides home because I want to be 21 at home please)


Next Month?

Very early next month I am going to see La La Land with my friend Sandy and her flatmate (who I would also consider a friend to be honest) Lottie. I am so excited to see it because I've heard so many things about it!

I also have one of my best friends Chloe coming to visit me. She messaged me one day telling me she wanted to come up again and see me and that really warmed my heart. It's nice to know that you are appreciated and missed when you're apart from someone!

I'm seeing Jack Whitehall on the 10th which is super exciting. I love seeing comedians live and Jack Whitehall is one of my favourites. I'm driving down to Leeds with Natalie for it and spending the rest of that weekend at home which is always appreciated.

Then one week later I'm seeing Busted! They're playing Rock City which is a small venue and I'm really happy about it because it'll be a lot more intimate I guess? If 3AM is not on the playlist though I will flip my lid because some of you may know that 3AM is one of my favourite songs of all time.



There you go everyone! I loved writing this and I'm already excited to write next months post! I hope you've enjoyed this blog post.

Thanks For Reading!

Becky x




You May Also Like

0 comments