Films to See by 20 (Blogmas Day Eight)

by - 15:30

Hello You Lovely Lot!

I’m just going to start off this blog post by saying, please don’t hate me. I’m so bad at watching films. I will watch my favourites again and again (and by that I mean I watched Nativity in like October just because it’s one of my faves) but watching new films is something I’m not very good at. I just don’t like the idea of sitting for like three hours and putting myself through something that I won’t enjoy.

Since I moved in with Jack and Nicole I have seen so many new films. When we first started our second year we watched pretty much a film every night and it was usually a new one. I have seen films that I didn’t even know existed, films that I’ve been meaning to watch for years and films I never would have even thought about watching. It’s opened my mind a lot more. Nicole and Jack will always go ‘have you seen insert classic film here?’ and the answer will 9/10 times be no. They seem to think this is tragic and so, to save me, they complied a list of films I have to see. I have decided to name this list ‘Films to See by 20’ because I’m 20 in January (just quickly though, when did I get anywhere near 20) and I feel like 20 is a good age to have seen the ‘classics’ or their favourite films. I have since added to this list with films that Natalie suggested and this weekend I’m going to ask my Dad what films he thinks I should have seen by 20 and add those on to my list. I thought I would tell you all the list and, since I’ve already watched one, give you a mini review! I will talk about some films (if I have an excuse as to why I haven’t watched it) but some I have no idea what they’re about so there’s not much I can say!

SO, without further ado, here is…

FILMS TO SEE BY 20

Hunchback of Notre Dam

I love Disney and everyone who knows me should know that but this is just one that I haven’t seen! There’s a few that have escaped me (such as Mulan, Emperors New Groove and so on) but I have been told that this is just one I need to see.

Pretty Woman

Nicole told me what this was about the other day and the funny thing is that it does sound like a film I would love. However, my mum hardly ever watches films and she won’t watch a film twice so I never grew up watching films like this, it was always superheroes and other films that my Dad liked! However, I will watch ths one eventually.

First Wives Club

What Happens in Vegas

My Girl

Overboard

This one was added to the list because I was trying to explain ‘Before I Go to Sleep’ to Nicole and Jack and Nicole thought I meant this at first. The way Nicole described it made it sound really interesting so this is one I’m really looking forward to watching.

Ghost

I KNOW, I KNOW. I’ve never seen Ghost. It’s just a film that I’ve never had the urge tp watch I guess? I don’t even know what it’s about really, all I know is it’s on the list and so I’ll watch it.

My Sister’s Keeper

I am not good with sad films, not one bit. I cried at Marley and Me and never watched it again (imagine how sad it would be now that I have dogs, no thanks) and I’ve always known this was a sad one so I think that's why I've avoided it!

Last Holiday

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days

Now this is the one I've watched and I loved it so much! It may even be one of my new favourite films. It was just so funny and heartwarming and one I've heard so many good things I've heard a million good things about and I agree with these million good things! People have to watch this film.

Sex and the City (1&2)

My friends Lizzie and Gemma are always trying to get me to watch these and I never have so I'm sure they'd be proud that this is on the list. This is another one of those things that my Dad never watched so I never watched either.

Calamity Jane

Gangs of New York

My Dad has this one so this weekend we're going to sit down and watch either this or the next film because he has both!

24 Hour Party People

The Devil Wears Prada

Green Street

Paris is Burning

The Rescuers

Another Disney classic that has just escaped me. I'm about half way through this one and I have to say I'm loving it! It's just a very sweet film so far and I'll update you all once I've finished!

The Magic Pudding

This is like a jokey one because it's a film that Jack watched when he was little but it's on the list so I will have to watch it!

East is East

Mighty Joe Young

Been told I'll cry at this one so not looking forward to that really..

The Silence of the Lambs

Long Kiss Goodnight

Date Movie

and those are all the films on the list! If you know any more let me know!

Thanks For Reading!


Becky x

You May Also Like

0 comments