Frank Turner // Round One (Blogmas Day Eleven)

by - 15:33

Hello You Lovely Lot!

If you've been reading this blog for a bit you probably will have read about Frank Turner more than a few times. if you don't know who he is then basically he's a punk/country/rock artist. My Dad first introduced me to him a few years ago and ever since then we've been hooked on seeing him. We see him at least once every year but I think this year it's been a few more.

He announced a tour a few months ago and straight away me and Dad booked tickets for Rock City. Rock City is basically a venue in Nottingham this also the best place for a night out if you're a fan of just classic songs. It's also Frank's favourite venue in the UK which he's said himself, I also think it's because people from Nottingham are the best.

This tour was a tour for his latest album 'Positive Songs for Negative People'



(which actually came out a while ago. I've also seen him on a tour for this album over a year ago but he did another tour so we went, as you do. I'm also going to see him next Thursday because it's his 2000th show! He's counted all his shows from the beginning and I just think 2000 is an amazing achievement. He even chose Rock City to be the venue for the show because he loves it so much (that's not even a lie, so HA).

When I went to see him the other night he was just incredible. I think I forget how much I really love Frank until I see him live. I listen to his music all the time at home but when I saw him live he played one of my favourites which is 'Polaroid Picture'. Never before has this song made me cry (not to my knowledge anyway) but for whatever reason I just burst in to tears at the end. I cry at a lot and concerts are something that I always cry at but I think I've only ever cried at a Frank concert once in my life. That was in Hull where he played 'Song for Josh' which is about his friend who committed suicide. That was the first time I'd heard that song and it just moved me so much and I still cry nearly every time I listen to it now!

I can't wait to see show 2000 because I just know the setlist will be incredible (not that he isn't always amazing, but you know, just that little bit extra). I think I'll probably cry again but there you have it, if no music has ever moved you enough to make you cry then I don't know what sort of robot you are!

If you fancy listening to Frank then feel free to just give him a quick search but here's my recommendations...


  • I Am Disappeared 
  • Broken Piano
  • Live Fast, Die Old
  • Reasons Not to Be an Idiot
  • Wanderlust
  • Four Simple Words
  • Song For Josh
  • The Fisher King Blues
  • Photosynthesis 

I love all of his music but those are just my top songs and there's probably a few I've forgotten that I LOVE but right now that's what sprang to mind!

Thank You For Reading!

Becky x 



You May Also Like

0 comments