November Playlist 2016 (Blogmas Day Four)

by - 15:57

Hello You Lovely Lot!

So, it's that time of month again and I tried to put this off as long as possible since my first post was the review of the Little Mix album but here we are, let's get started!

You Gotta Not - Glory Days - Little Mix

I've done a whole review of this album if you want to know what I really think of this. All you need to know now is that I love this and it is one of my favourite songs from the album!

Favourite Lyric : 'Is that what you call flirting? You gotta not'

Broken Piano - Tape Deck Heart - Frank Turner

I love Frank Turner and this is one of my favourite songs by him. I think it's just so beautiful and when the drums come in it just gets me EVERY time. I think Frank is just absolutely amazing and as I'm seeing him twice this month I thought it was only right that I rekindle my love for him. This is my favourite album by him too and every song on it is incredible, this is just especially incredible.

Favourite Lyric : 'As I stroked those broken keys, you did not join in harmony'

Anymore - Tape Deck Heart - Frank Turner

Another song from the amazing album. We all know I love a sad song and this is the epitome of sad. It's about realising you aren't in love with someone anymore and being able to walk away from it. Sometimes I find it hard to listen to this just because it makes me so sad but it just too good for words. One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard

Favourite Lyric : 'Not with a bang, but with a whimper'

Oceans - Ghost Stories - Coldplay

I'll be honest I hardly listen to this Coldplay album and I don't know why I just seem to forget it because it has some amazing songs on it. It's one of their best albums in  my opinion so I really should listen to it more. A while ago I rediscovered it because Lewis Watson did a gorgeous cover of this. This song doesn't really make much sense to me but I still love it and I think it really shows off Chris' beautiful voice

Favourite Lyric : 'Meet me in blue sky, meet me again'

Polaroid Picture - Tape Deck Heart - Frank Turner

This is another one of my favourite Frank Turner songs. I just think it sums up that you have to remember the little things because things can change so fast. This one is a little more rocky than the other two in this playlist but still just as good and deserves its place here.

Favourite Lyric : 'Let go of the little distractions, hold close to the ones that you love' OR 'Remind yourself that everything changes but there was this time when things were ok'

When You Love Someone (Acoustic) - When You Love Someone (Single) - James TW

I think i found this by accident? However, either way there was a time when I listened to ti non stop. I think this song is just so innocent and perfect. James' voice is beautiful and the song is emotional. It's just a lovely calm one to listen to when you're in bed or just on a rainy day when you're sat inside listening to the rain (because we all know those are the best times, lets be honest)

Favourite Lyric : 'We didn't raise you up like this now did we?'

I Am Disappeared - England Keep My Bones - Frank Turner

I think this is my favourite Frank Turner song ever. I think i first heard it live and I fell in love. It is just so incredibly beautiful. There's a bit in it that goes 'and on the worst days when it feels like life weighs ten thousand tonnes' and it was me and Dad sat in the car on the way home. I was going through quite a rough patch and had been for a while and he pointed at me and sang it and I nearly burst in to tears there and then. It is such a special song to me and when I see him next week I wish for nothing more than for this to be on the setlist. What an incredible song.

Favourite Lyric : 'And on the worst days when it feels like life weighs ten thousand tonnes' OR 'I can get up, shower and in half an hour I'll be gone' OR 'A car pulls up and Bob's driving' OR 'these rivers of tarmac are like arteries across the country' (SO MANY FAVES)

Don't Wanna Know - Don't Wanna Know (Single) - Maroon 5

I used to love Maroon 5 when I was little because there was just something different about them and I remember being quite disappointed when I first started to hear their new stuff because it was so similar to what I was hearing in the charts and that's not what I expected from them. However, I found this song on my recommended and played it and was obsessed straight away! I also love the video for this because it's a Pokemon Go kind of thing. Also Adam Levine is gorgeous, enough said

Favourite Lyric : 'The more I drink, the more I think about you'

Novels - Calm & Normal - Rusty Clanton

I first heard this when Dodie Clark did a cover of it with Rusty himself on her YouTube channel and I fell in love. I would play the video again and again because I couldn't find it on iTunes. Then for whatever reason I just thought I would look on Spotify and there it was. I think it is such a gorgeous song and has made me shed a tear many a time. Rusty just has one of the most beautiful voices and writes incredible songs such as this one

Favourite Lyric : 'Someday I won't have to wait for you'

All Night - All Night (Single) - The Vamps

I heard this for the first time when I was driving in my friend Maddy's car with my other friend Markie and it came on and I was just humming along, Then Maddy goes 'this is The Vamps isn't it?' and I was just like 'what?!'. If you know me or have read my blog before you might know that I love The Vamps and I couldn't believe that this has skipped under my radar for so long! It's not what we usually hear from The Vamps but I do love it!

Favourite Lyric : 'Can you wake me up before you leave?'

F.U. - Glory Days - Little Mix

This is another one that is on the whole album review so you can go over and read that to find out my full opinion. However, I do really love this song and I remember seeing the little teaser on Instagram and just being SO excited, it definitely lived up to the hype I'd created for myself

Favourite Lyric : 'I don't wanna be friends, no'

Sick of Losing Soulmates - Intertwined (EP) - Dodie

I have loved Dodie for years from her YouTube channel and when she first put up this video I cried for ages. I can't even relate to this song really because I haven't ever really had a serious relationship. Maybe you could take it about friendship I guess? However, either way, Dodie will always be one of my favourite people and this will always be one of my favourite songs. It is so incredible and so beautiful and I even learnt to play it on my guitar but can't get through it without crying which just shows you something

Favourite Lyric : 'Which path will we take cause we both know a break does exactly what it says on the tin?'

Boys Will Be Boys - How To Get Everything You Ever Wanted In Ten Easy Steps - The Ordinary Boys

I downloaded a playlist full of 'Indie Hits' and this was on it and for whatever reason I just fell in love. I can't listen to it without thinking of that time that Preston stormed off 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' though (does anyone else remember that?! what a brilliant episode). I just love songs that make you feel happy and weirdly enough this is one.

Favourite Lyric : 'We've had girls that have broken our hearts'

I Luv U - How To Get Everything You Ever Wanted In Ten Easy Steps - The Ordinary Boys

This is a very sweet song and I did know it before I went through The Ordinary Boys' songs on spotify but I just became obsessed with it over this month. I think it's a weird song that makes me feel happy and sad at the same time? Is that even possible? It's quite an unconventional love song and maybe that's what I love about it.

Favourite Lyric : 'I love you, you know that...don't you?'

That's My Girl - 7/27 - Fifth Harmony

This song will always remind me of Natalie now. She's been through some tough times that I obviously won't go through but just know it was hard. However, every single time she got knocked down I watched get back up on her feet and dust herself off and this song just sums up how proud of her I am. That's all I can say really!

Favourite Lyric : 'Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it'

24K Magic - 24K Magic (Single) - Bruno Mars

This was another one I fell in love with in Maddy's car. it came on and I hadn't heard it before but Markie and Maddy were singing along to it in the front seats and ever since that moment it's been a song that has not left my head. I used to love Bruno Mars but he kind of left my radar after 'Doowops and Hooligans' but this song has got him back on it a little bit so fair play.

Favourite Lyric : 'Showtime, guess who's back again?'

When (Live) - Intertwined (EP) -  Dodie

Another Dodie song and so I won't go in to the same explanation about how I found Dodie but I remember that when she uploaded this I didn't listen to it for a few days for whatever reason but I'm so thankful I did. It's one of the only songs on this playlist that I could still listen to gain and again even though it's pretty much all I listened to in November. When I was feeling a bit low at the start of last month it was just something I always had on and I think it will always be a song I can go back to.

Favourite Lyric : 'I'm sick of faking dairy entries, gotta get it in my head, I'll never be 16 again'

Power - Glory Days - Little Mix

This is obviously another one that you can see the full review of if you look at my other blog post but I will tell you that this is my favourite song off this album, I just think it's amazing and that's all I can say!

Favourite Lyric : 'HOOOOOLD UP......my turn'

Those Days Are Gone - Night Driver - Busted

I will be putting up a review of this album soon but this is probably my favourite song from it. When I first heard this I thought it was going to be like old Busted songs just because the start of it sounded so much like one but I was wrong. It changes after a while and for a bit I wasn't sure how I felt about that because I was such a big fan of Busted but this has really brought me round. I don't know what it is about it but I think it's incredible

Favourite Lyric : 'I wish that you would just reappear'


So there you go! My favourite songs of last month!

Thanks For Reading!

Becky


You May Also Like

0 comments