REVIEW : Busted - Night Driver (Blogmas Day Six)

by - 15:19

Hello you lovely lot!

So I know this album has been out for a few days now but I wanted to spread my two reviews apart a bit.

I've been a fan of Busted for such a long time (as you will know if you're a long term reader of this blog) and so when I heard they were doing a new album I was SO excited. I'd heard a few of these songs before the album came out, Coming Home was obviously a single and then I heard a few when I went to see them live but either way...

Coming Home

Now, as I've said, I'd heard this before. This was the first new song by Busted that I heard and the first time I listened to it I wasn't sure. It's just not what Busted sounded like but that's totally fine. I've got used to it now because people grow and their music taste changes. I am in love with this song now and I think I might have even cried when I heard it live for the first time. I feel homesick quite a lot and obviously this is a song about coming home. I was just so excited and I think that it lived up to it's expectations.

Favourite Lyric : 'I miss my family, I'm coming home'

Night Driver

Now obviously this is the name sake of the album but it's not one I've really listened to the most. I think listening to it now is the first time I've listened to it all the way through. I just think songs like this bring me up so much. It's a song I can really dance around my room to I think so I'm going to have to start doing that because I need more dancing in my life. Normally I wouldn't like stuff like this but I actually love this!

Favourite Lyric : 'With nothing but you and the beat of your heart'

On What You're On

This was obviously the single and was also in my October playlist! I really loved this when it first came out and I still quite like it now, I just don't listen to as much. When they performed this on xfactor my Dad said he really didn't like the song but I feel like he was expecting rock and it's so far from it. I can't wait to hear this live because I feel like everyone will just dance to it and it'll create such a good vibe

Favourite Lyric : 'You're a wild heart'

New York

I've listened to bits of this one but I'm pretty sure it's another one I've never listened to all the way through. Now I am listening to it I'm quite enjoying it. It's a bit more slow than the others and we all know a slow song is what I love the most. I think it really shows off the boys' voices.

Thinking of You

This is another one that I've heard in bit but I love the first bit of it. It's another slowish one which I really like because even though it's slow it's still upbeat? is that even possible? I think people really ought to give this album more credit because this is such a beautiful song and the lyrics are like the old busted ones, just to a lovely tune (not that old busted wasn't lovely because 3AM makes me sob)

Favourite Lyric : 'It's always been you, you, you, I keep thinking of you'

Without It

Now is the moment I'm realising that I haven't listened to as much of this album as I thought I had. The lyrics to this are so beautiful and the chorus is a bit more rocky. It's still got the electronic feel to it but even the way Charlie sings just makes it a bit more edgy. I think this will definitely become a new favourite so watch out for the December playlist because this could well be all over it.

Favourite Lyric : 'If I have just been a fool who's let you down, what now?'

One of a Kind

I saw this live and I thought it was incredible. They stood in light up boxes and it was all a bit 1975 but I loved the song. Then I forgot about it and all of a sudden here it is again! My love has not gone away for this song. It's lyrics are just so lovely and I also love the electronic bits. I've never been a person for this kind of music because I was brought up on rock and never even pop. So the fact I love songs like this so much kind of shocks me a bit I guess?! But what I do know is that this is one of the best songs on the album

Favourite Lyric : 'In my mind, you're one of a kind'

I Will Break Your Heart

I think I listened to this all the way through by accident because I couldn't be bothered to grab my phone to change it but thank god I did. This is possibly my favourite song on the album (but it has competition which I will tell you later). I hope they play this live because I just think it's incredible! I love the drums, the guitar, the vocals, EVERYTHING. The subject matter itself is quite sad but ignoring that, it's a funky little number (oooer sounded like my grandma or something then)

Favourite Lyric : 'I hope your oxbridge education serves you well'

Kids with Computers

This is another one that has such a positive beat but quite sad lyrics really. I love the chorus to this and that shocks me. Like I said, I've never been the person to listen to this sort of music but Busted have made me fall in LOVE with it. This is another one of my favourites from the album and is one I listened to in full a few times before I sat down to write the blog post so that's always a good sign I guess. I just think Charlie sounds amazing in this (and also the other songs obviously) too so that's a positive.

Favourite Lyric : 'Find another day that breaks my heart'

Easy

This was the other song that I heard live and I remember them being on the B-Stage and there was a chandelier made of like lightbulbs? It was all very pretty whatever it was and I think I might have even cried? To be honest I think i cried all the way through the concert so the songs sort of blur in to one. Here is where it lulls back down in to more of a sad tone with the lyrics and the music to match it. I feel like I've really overlooked this song and I should listen to it more often considering I cried when I first heard it (proper wimp, me).

Favourite Lyric : 'Love drunk when the other's sober' OR 'Maybe in another life you and I would get it right'

Out of Our Minds

After the short interlude of sadness we're back to the happier songs. Surprise, surprise this is another one I hadn't listened to all the way through but now I do listen to (surprise, surprise again) I actually quite like it! It just didn't jump out to me, maybe that's because I guess it sounds quite similar to other songs on the album? I don't know what it is about it! I think if I listened to it again and again and gave it a chance I would really start to love it and appreciate it much more so maybe I'kl get back to you on this one in a month or two!

Favourite Lyric : 'We are...out of our minds'

Those Days Are Gone

This is the other song that's competing for top spot and I think it does just take it! I remember Busted posted a link to this and when it starts it sounds so much like old Busted that I nearly cried. I presumed it would stay like that but nope, it changes completely. However, at the start it does sound like it's going to be a bit of a sad ballad (imagine the happiness that spread through me when I thought that). However, to be honest I'm quite glad it changes! I think it just makes it all a bit more positive even though the lyrics are super sad!

Favourite Lyric : 'Sooner or later when the winter comes I will picture us together' just because I thought it said 'when the wizard comes' when I first heard it and it really made me laugh


So there you have it everyone! I really do like this album and I've seen some bad reviews for it just because it doesn't sound like what people would expect from Busted. However, I ignore them because the lads have grown and so have I and as much as I would love some music like that again I also loev this!

Thanks For Reading!

Becky x

You May Also Like

0 comments