May 2017 Playlist

by - 01:52



Hello You Lovely Lot!

It's been a while hasn't it? I'm going to do a whole other blog post on where I am right now (as in, mentally, physically I'm sat in bed...). However, it is that time again! These are my favourite blog posts to write and usually the ones I will write without fail so that's why my blog is bloody full of them. I've been writing these for nearly two years now, so lets have a quick look at May 2016 and what that playlist had on it!


People Help The People – Birdy – Birdy
I Love Me – Thank You – Meghan Trainor
R U Crazy/Labs Swing Version - R U Crazy/Labs Swing Version – Conor Maynard
Hair ft Sean Paul – Hair – Little Mix
Cake By The Ocean – SWAAY – DNCE
She Falls Asleep / Part 2 – Wonderland – McFly
Teenage Dirtbag – Summer – Frank Hamilton & Wheatus
You’re Such A – HAIZ – Hailee Steinfeld
Love Myself – Love Myself – Haille Steinfeld
Mom ft Kelli Trainor – Thank You
Don’t Go Alone – Don’t Go Alone – Bry
A-Punk – Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend
Me Too – Thank You – Meghan Trainor – Thank You
Used To Love You – This Is What The Truth Feels Like – Gwen Stefani
Go Do – Go – Jónsi
I Was Here – 4 – Beyoncé
Shooting The Moon – Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky // Extra Nice Edition – OK Go
Champagne Problems – Thank You – Meghan Trainor
Woman Up – Thank You – Meghan Trainor
This Is What You Came For – This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris & Rihanna
Animal – Habits – Neon Trees

I can assure you all that this month is nowhere near as long as that! So lets get started...

From The Ritz To The Rubble - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys

I don't know why i suddenly fell in love with this again? I think this is possible my favourite song by The Arctic Monkeys. It's just so so catchy and I will always love it. They will always remind me of the year that I thought I was really cool because I'd just learnt to drive and I was drinking a lot. I was someone that deep down I knew that I wasn't. However, despite that, I will always look upon that summer fondly and how I've grown (for example, I've gone from drinking Smirnoff Ice to Gin...so that's a step up).

Favourite Lyric : His way or no way, totalitarian 

Somebody Else - I like it when you sleep,  for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it - The 1975

I've spoken about this song more than once on this blog. I fall back in love with it every now and then, not that I ever fall out of love with it! I just forget about it for a while. I can relate to this song a lot more at this point in time which is sad I guess? However it does mean that the songs means a lot more and that is probably why it came back in to my life this month.

Favourite Lyric : Our love has gone cold, you're intertwining your soul with somebody else

Sweet Creature - Harry Styles - Harry Styles

Now of course you will be getting a review of this at some point. I had been so busy with exams that I just didn't have time to write one. When I first heard this I was about to go out but I had to have a little cry at how beautiful it was. It's not my favourite on the album but it was one of the only two out at the time I added it to the playlist! I do love it though, one of the most beautiful songs I ever did hear.

Favourite Lyric : Two hearts in one home

Passionfruit - More Life - Drake

Now, I am not a Drake fan, it's just not my type of music but I can appreciate that he's good. However, I heard this somewhere and I thought it was good, then I heard it again in a taxi and I knew I had to find it on Spotify straight away! I think it will always remind me of summer because when I heard it, it was boiling hot. Maybe I should listen to the rest of the album and see what i think, but for now, I love this.

Favourite Lyric : You got issues that i wont mention for now cause we're falling apart.

Slow Hands - Slow Hands (Single) - Niall Horan

I hadn't listened to This Town in such a long time so when I heard that Niall was coming out with a new song I didn't know how to feel. However, I think that this is incredible. I won't lie, when I first heard it I was a bit unsure but after listening a few more times I fell in love. The beat is so good and of course Niall's gorgeous voice. Lovely stuff Mr Horan.

Favourite Lyric : No chance that I'm leaving here without you on me

leaving blues - Torch Songs: Leaving Blues - Lewis Watson

I found this song by accident because I went to listen to Lewis and Spotify comes up with playlists of the best of each artist and the cover for it included the album cover for this which I had never seen before. I found it and discovered that it's a cover of a Bombay Bicycle Club song. I think it is absolutely incredible. I listened to the original but I think I have just got so used to Lewis' voice singing it that it sounded odd to listen to someone else. This is a song I can sing my heart out too and maybe even have a little cry, should I be in the mood.

Favourite Lyric : I miss you indefinite

The Night We Met - Strange Trails - Lord Huron

I was revising whilst listening to a chill Spotify playlist that I can't remember the name of now. This came on and immediately I knew that I had heard the song before. I had listened to the playlist for a few days at this point so I just presumed that I knew it from there. However, when the chorus came I knew that it was from '13 Reasons Why'. I can also relate to this a bit more after this month, but I do think it is a lovely song in general.

Favourite Lyric : I had all, and then most of you, some, and now none of you

Kill The Director - Proudly Present...A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation - The Wombats

I bloody love The Wombats. My friend Melissa played them to me in college and ever since then I have been obsessed. This is possibly my favourite song by them and also a song I can highly relate to. I think it's just super catchy and also quite comical (but also not funny because my life is like a shit rom-com and that's not funny in the slightest). A song that will truly stay with me forever. 

Favourite Lyric : No I don't care about the soaps...though I'm acting like I'm in an Eastenders episode OR Carrots help you see much better in dark, don't talk to girls, they'll break your heart OR This is no Bridget Jones (I love all of the lyrics in this)

The Cave - Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons

I don't know why I've become obsessed with Mumford & Sons recently?! This is the third song of theirs that I have discovered and fallen in love with. I think maybe it's just something different. I also like the fact that the lyrics to this are actually quite depressing but the tune is rather upbeat. Love a good juxtaposition. 

Favourite Lyric : The harvest left no fruit for you to eat, you cannibal, you meat-eater OR I will not hear what you have to say cause I need freedom now

Ever Since New York - Harry Styles - Harry Styles

I think that this is my favourite song from the album. I loved it ever since I saw him perform it on a TV show over in America. I think that it is beautiful song writing and if Liam Gallagher is right and his cat can write something better then I would LOVE to hear it. I love the guitar and I love the lyrics and I love Harry Styles. 

Favourite Lyric : Almost over, had enough from you

From The Dining Table - Harry Styles - Harry Styles

As we can tel, this is the time when the album came out. This is another one of my favourites. It's the last song on the album and I was waiting for a really sad ballad because we know I love those. Mr Styles did not disappoint and provided us with this beauty. I may have even cried the first time I heard it, it wouldn't surprise me. I also think I nearly flew out of my seat at the lyrics at the beginning. Either way, this is such a lovely song.

Favourite Lyric : Comfortable silence is so overrated

Kiwi - Harry Styles - Harry Styles


This is another one of my favourites, for some reason my other favourite Carolina is not on this playlist?! This is exactly what I expected from the album and I was so glad to hear it. My dad brought me up on a lot of the music that Harry was brought up on so I had a feeling that I would love the album if he was going to write music that was influenced by all of that. Turns out I was right. I also want to know if this is a true story?! Think about it every time I listen to it, which is quite a lot.

Favourite Lyric : When she's alone she goes home to a cactus in her black dress, she's such an actress

Wisdom Teeth - Sleep Is for the Week - Frank Turner

Recently I went to a Frank Turner festival called 'Lost Evenings'. It was four nights at The Roundhouse in Camden, which is an incredible venue by the way, and he played a different set each night. Night Two (I think?! Or night Three?) was 'Sleep Is for the Week' in full. Before I went I had never listened to this album but when he played this song I burst in to tears. Last month was hard and I feel like this song may sum it up? Obviously this is a from a guys point of view so I feel like it's an explanation in some ways? ANYWAY, yeah this is just really beautiful and the lyrics and incredible. Probably one of my favourite Frank Turner songs now!

Favourite Lyric : Every time I repeat the line that 'the faults not mine and I wasn't unkind', the worst part is that I've got nothing else to say

A Decent Cup of Tea - Sleep Is for the Week - Frank Turner

This is a song that I loved when i was wallowing in my own self pity. However, it is such a beautiful song. It is so stripped back, just Frank and his guitar. Sad songs just capture my heart so much, it's just pure, raw emotion and maybe that's why? Also I tend to be moody quite a bit and sadder songs make me much calmer and sometimes you just need a good cry to make yourself feel better, no?

Favourite Lyric : She cries in to her tea, that she's desperately lonely

Poetry Of The Deed - Poetry Of The Deed - Frank Turner

A slightly more upbeat Frank song here. I put Frank on shuffle whilst I was revising not too long ago and this came on. This is another album that I hadn't listened to too much, although i do know a few songs because this is the album with a few of the classics on. This is not a song that coms under that category though! I feel like this is classic Frank Turner and it was very motivational whilst I was revising, so that's always good!

Favourite Lyric : We're exactly what this country needs


So there you have it everyone! There are the songs that I was LOVING last month!


Thanks For Reading!

Becky x








You May Also Like

0 comments